Creativity is the Key
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Share your art whether it's drawing, writing, sculpting, etc.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where do you get your character names?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Where do you get your character names? Empty
PostSubject: Where do you get your character names?   Where do you get your character names? I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 9:30 pm

Alright, here's what I seem to have trouble with.

Whenever I am writing a story, I never seem to have time to actually -think- about what I am naming them, so in return, I end up with cheesyily named characters.

Soooo, I decided to make a thread for people... (like me... or people to help people like me...) to post where they get their names from, etc, etc. ^^

Sound easy?

Now, I have ONE site. ;~;

http://www.babynames.com/

It's useful, but doesn't have -character/fantasy- friendly names. T~T
Back to top Go down
PureLocke
PureLocke

Character sheet
Just For Fun RPG Choice:
Where do you get your character names? Left_bar_bleue200/200Where do you get your character names? Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

Where do you get your character names? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where do you get your character names?   Where do you get your character names? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Well the easiest way to name a character is using Latin. For more fantasy based names I would recommend reading the character lists for Tolkien's extended universe or putting together various phonemic sounds from a language(Latin-based, Germanic, Slavic, Asian, aboriginal, native Alaskan/American etc.) to make a nonsense but cool sounding name. Ex. The names I made for the DnD characters that me and my brother never use: Thirinir(Elven mage) and Banarok(Dwarven fighter)
Back to top Go down

Where do you get your character names?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Creativity is the Key :: Welcome/Off Topic :: Show your stories!-
Jump to: